- The first smile.
- The first giggle.
- How it feels when they say "Mommy" or "Daddy" for the first time.
- That first day of school, which you dread more than your child does.
- Watching them pull themselves up for the first time.
- Hearing them say "Mommy" and "Daddy" compulsively for everything, because it's the only word they know.
- Watching them learn how to write, from scribbles up to cursive.
I could write this list forever, in fact I could fill my entire blog with reason why kids are a gift. But, I'm sure you've got other places to visit, dinner to eat, etc. And, I wouldn't want to keep you from that, especially if that other thing is keeping you from experiencing any of the things I listed above or a bazillion more.