June 11, 2008

Dog Bite, AHHHHHH!!!!

I had my first dog bite tonight, I know, 25 years old and I've never been bitten by a dog before. And no, it was not a pit bull, German Shepard, Rottweiler or any of those supposedly vicious breeds. That's right, it was a much worse, more dangerous and vicious breed. It was, bum, bum, bum........ a Shih-Tzu( pronounces Shit-Zoo).
That's right, that teeny, weeny, usually fuzzy, mouth full of sharp teeth(let me tell you) Shih- Tzu. If you don't know the breed, look it up online (right now, go look). They aren't exactly the scariest looking dog in the world.
That little *&^%$ left some pretty good bite marks on me too, one almost too the bone, another tore the top half of my fingernail.
That's right people of the world, pit bulls, Rottweiler's, German Shepperd's, etc... are not in fact the vicious man eaters that most of you think they are.
I've heard and read stories of those wonderfully, small, cute breeds ( Chihuahua's, Shih-Tzu's, Pomeranian's, etc.) attacking people too.
And, I know what you're thinking, they don't kill people....wrong.
The stories I've read and heard are of children and infants being mauled to death by these little buggers.
So, next time you go on a rant about the evil pit bulls and other "dangerous" breeds, take a look around, start listening to something other than the attention grabbing "pit bull attack" headlines and do some reading on the attacks(especially on children) from other dogs.
Ol' Trusty, your golden retriever, or Bell, your chihuahua, can be just as( and sometimes more) dangerous than any of the marked dogs that the news and government target for death.

2 comments:

  1. OWWWCHHHH. I know what it feels like to be bitten by a dog. I got bit once when I was on the way to a babysitters house. The dog bit me on the behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog that bit you, is it your dog or someone elses dog? What were you doing when the dog bit you?

    ReplyDelete