March 17, 2008

Presidental Election

Let's see here, who should I vote for? Well I can vote for Hillary, because she's a woman or I can vote for Obama, because he's a black guy. That's about how objectively everyone is looking at this election. No ones really looking at what these people represent anymore, it's about the first this or the first that. I don't care if the president of the United States is black, a woman, a transvestite or just likes to take long trip into the country to cross-dress. It's about how the persons going to lead the country. When the heck did this become a high school prom king and queen election? I'd vote for Ronald McDonald if I knew he'd get all the war, taxes, social security and illegal immigration stuff cleared up. The U.S. is in such a mess right now and all people and magazines can talk about is that we may have our first woman or black president. Isn't that how we got into this mess in the first place, by ignoring the issues? We went into Iraq because they had weapons of mass destruction, which they didn't of course. The excuse for that one was that they had the capacity to create weapons of mass destruction. But if you're going to kill people over what they have the capacity to do, then we're all screwed. But I'm getting off subject aren't I? Sorry about that, so many thoughts blazing through this high speed Internet of a silly mans brain. So we've got Obama, whom to me seems a bit too perfect on the record and Hillary, who obviously knows how to fool everyone into believing she might be a good leader. That's just my opinion of course and often my opinion is just as un-objective as everyone else's. I mean, what do we really know about these people? If your one of those people that believes what that People magazine said or what Oprah thinks about Obama, than you need to take a big reality check pill. The magazines are trying to get sales and Oprah is looking for a way to either A) Get in on the action or B) Is being paid very well to say who'd they want you to vote for. Take some real time, put down that news article about Hillary and think about this long and hard. Who do you really want as the next president, the leader of our country, the person who has their hand over that big red, mushroom cloud, button? This isn't People magazines sexiest bachelor, America's next Top Model or your next American Idol. This is the leader of our nation, the guy or gal that will represent us to the rest of the world. Pick the wrong one and we either stay in the mess or it gets bigger, pick the right one and the mess slowly gets cleaned up a piece at a time. That's all for the presidential election stuff, politics are a dangerous subject for a blog as small as mine. Start subscibing to my blog, giving me some links and maybe giving me some change for my thoughts; than maybe I'll start risking Oprah's wrath a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment