March 16, 2008

Growing up

You know when your a kid the days never seem long enough for all the playing you want to do, or there are those days when you're bored out of your mind with nothing to do. You think to yourself, "I wish I was an adult, than I'd be having so much fun", or something along those lines. Next thing you know you're an adult and it seems like you have so much to do you're never going to catch up. The classic; bills to pay, so much to do so little time and all that fun stuff. You're working your butt off to pay for your crap apartment, some food for the fridge and don't forget, for a lot of us, you're student loan is due again. So you start moving up, feeling like you're maybe getting somewhere. Than, whack, a few more years have gone by and you're trying to pay the medical bills, get those credit cards off your back, making sure your kids get those braces they so badly need and, amid all of this, trying to make sure your kids will have enough money to avoid the whole student loan path in the future. The days go on and on in this fashion; sleep, work, take care of the kids and off to bed again. Once and a while you get to throw in a date night or sit down on the couch to read a book, but all those gray hair inducing stresses are waiting for you. I know that a huge portion of people go through this and another huge portion of people have it even worse. But I'm not them, I can't close my eyes, enter their body and completely understand how they feel. These problems are mine and mine alone to deal with in my mind. I can feel better by talking about them and relax a bit when I lay down at night with my wife, but in the end it is you and only you that must face, listen to and deal with the crap going on inside your head. I don't mean to sound so negative, negativity will kill you. There are a lot of good things about life to. I'm not normally the type to complain incessantly but hey, I'm just like everybody else; sometimes I have to get the bad stuff out, the good stuff is great where it is.

1 comment: