July 11, 2008

Pierced and Proud...





Listening to: Billy's Joel's "It's Still Rock 'n' Roll to Me"


My wife and I got piercings this evening, I got a vertical "Labret" piercing and she got a "Horizontal lip" piercing (a very rare piercing, try doing an Internet search for it). The piercer was fast about it and did an awesome job, and it only cost us $95.00 for both piercings, that included jewelry. We went to Bonaroo Tattoo for our piercings, you can find their website HERE, I would definitely suggest them for anyone looking for a good piercing job. We went to the one in Parker, Colorado and our piercer's name was Jessi.
I think piercing really can be a great form of self-expression, as it lets you express yourself with the ability to remove it if you find that getting it done was only a phase(unlike tattoo's, which can only be removed for a lot of money and scarring). The only time that statement is not true of course is in the case of stretched piercings, which after a certain gauge, can turn into a lifetime piercing. Of course, I always welcome people to correct me on this, as their are plenty of piercings I've never seen and plenty I never will.
Getting pierced is something that's been around for a long time, and I don't think it's going anywhere, anytime soon. So, if getting a piercing done is something your interested in, remember, you can always take it out later, the pain of getting piercing is a fact but it is only temporary(unless of course you let it get infected), and it can be hard as hell to find a job with any facial piercings. But, if the idea strikes your fancy even after considering these things, go for it, you only live once.

No comments:

Post a Comment