March 8, 2008

Crazy Weather

I don’t know if it’s just me or is anyone else thinking about how crazy the weather around the world has been over the past couple of years? Tsunamis, hurricanes, floods, mudslides, wildfires, droughts and most recently, here, in the great state of “ if you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes” Colorado, thunder-snow. Now, I’m no meteorologist, but it doesn’t seem like all of this was happening on such a constant basis just a mere ten years ago. I have only experienced first person the last of these occurrences, thunder-snow. But, I must say that seeing lightning and hearing thunder while there is blizzard like snow outside, is not normal. I’ve never seen it before and people that have been here for 30+ years haven’t ever heard of or seen it before. And, to top it all off, it started as a mild day, than began to snow lightly, which then turned into heavy blizzard conditions. Next, it started thundering and lightning in the middle of the blizzard. Suddenly, it’s hailing/sleeting/raining and finally, “boom” the sky is a cloudless dark blue and the stars are shining brightly. Everything from the light snow to the final clearing occurred in about an hour and a half time span. We went through all the seasons in an hour and a half. But hey, maybe it’s just me. Maybe I’m just imagining this chaotically weird weather. But I don’t think so, and neither do a million other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment