March 28, 2009

Wow !!!


Is it just me or is kids music, toys, and reading material getting racier and racier. I was just watching the Nickelodeon "Kids Choice Awards" with my 7 year old daughter and a certain group made my eyes just about pop out of my head in disbelief, the "Pussycat Dolls". They were on the show to perform a couple of their songs and their outfits and lyrics were not exactly what I'd call kid appropriate.
Another one, not on the awards, is those "Bratz" dolls. They are probably the sluttiest looking toy I think I've ever seen. Barbie has been around forever and she never sunk quite as low as these short skirt wearing, big lipped slut dolls called "Bratz".
I really think these musician, show producers, and toy makers need a conscience check. The "Pussycat Dolls" and the "Bratz" are the worst idea I could probably think of for what I want my daughter learning from.
Come on people, how low are we going to sink ? I get that your kids want the newest, coolest toys. But, maybe put some thought into what you're giving into. I know it's probably been said before too many times to count, but, you're their parents first and friend second.

2 comments:

  1. Lol it's actually true. A toy like those would NEVER make it to the market, (let alone television!), 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. My husband and I are in our 20s and we both hate the Bratz dolls. We can't believe any parent would let their child play with such a slutty looking toy! We've also been noticing a lot of innuendos in children's movies.

    ReplyDelete