October 5, 2008

Sing-A-Long


It is truly amazing how easy it is to get children's songs stuck in your head, and find yourself humming them. My wife and I, because of the fact that we have three children at home right now, are constantly watching, or listening to, cartoons and kids shows on channels like Sprout, Nick J.R., Disney, etc.

And, although at first you can't quite get your head around how corny and weird some of these shows can be, you suddenly find yourself getting into the shows right along with the kids.

There's a show called Yo Gabba Gabba and it has to be one of the strangest kids shows, outside of Spongebob Squarepants, that I've seen. But, to be completely honest, I enjoy watching it almost as much as our 1 and a half year old daughter. I'm glancing from from computer up at the show, and next thing I know, I'm singing along to the songs. I must say, once again honestly, that Yo Gabba Gabba probably has some of the best songs and music out of all the children's programming on T.V. right now.

So, to all you parents out there finding yourself in the often awkward situation of singing along with your kids shows, it's okay, there are a lot more of us than you think.

I'm thinking maybe I'll start a support group for parents addicted to kids shows but for now, just know, you're not alone...

1 comment:

  1. Jo Jo, I don't get those channels, except Disney, but I remember really getting into Sesame Street when you guys were young. That's such a cute picture of Gabe.
    Love Y'all,
    Moo

    ReplyDelete