November 10, 2014

Let's Learn to Draw Horse Heads

I've got to be honest with you, although I'm a fine artist, I've always had a hard time with horses.
It's hard enough learning to draw a human head from the side, but a horse head from the side, that stuff get's a bit complicated for me.
But, alas, my wife had an idea, and what kind of husband would I be if I didn't at least give it a shot.
Hell, she's my muse. I've got responsibilities, right?
So, here you go, the three steps I took to get this thing from idea to drawing...

P.S. As always, make sure you head over to my Facebook page and stop by my Istagram for more drawing, painting, doodles, and illustration...



Step 1: Sketch from reference


Step 2: Outline with Micron pens(while also correcting little details).



Step 3: Add minute details, as well as some more minor shading, add a little bit of color, and, finally, outline with a white-out pen.


No comments:

Post a Comment